Neighborhood Ministry carries out the local mission of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church through the support of clothing drives, medical clinics, schools, shelters, food pantries, and community centers. For more information please contact Cynthia Reynolds, Neighborhood Ministry Coordinator, at email@example.com or (503) 246-4276.
- Coats for Kids– An annual late summerdrive for funds to purchase brand-new coats for children, along with hand-made or purchased warm accessories (hats, scarves, and gloves or mittens). A local effort of www.operationwarm.org
- Compassion Connect SW– An annual day in May of free medical services for uninsured individuals. Local churches provide planning, hospitality, meals, services, and resources to those waiting to see a doctor, dentist, or chiropractor. A local effort of www.compassionconnect.com.
- NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE– Partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education andself-sufficiency. Services include a senior center, a Head Start Preschool, and food pantry. St. Andrew's members volunteer in the food pantry and help with bulk mailings. Visit http://nhpdx.org/for more information
- HayhurstElementary, Markham Elementary, and Robert Gray Middle Schools – Members provide a variety of services to students in need (determined by the faculty) such as academic support, clothing, holiday meals and gifts, and weekly food packages for children of SNAP (food stamp) families.
- Outside-In– A local organization whose mission is to help homeless youth and other marginalized people move toward improved health and self-sufficiency. St. Andrew's members assist with clothing and holiday gifts. Visit http://outsidein.org/for more information.
- Stephen's Creek Crossing– Low-income housing provided through www.homeforward.org. St. Andrew's members donate school supplies, tutoring, adult classes, and holiday gifts to residents.
- SW Community Health Center- The mission of SW Community Health Center is to assure quality health services to those lacking adequate resources to access necessary care. St. Andrew's provides financial support for the center and members donate evening meals to the center's volunteer staff. Learn more at https://swchc-pdx.org/.
- SW HOPE: Feed the Hungry– An annual effort during February & March by Churches in southwest Portland to raise money and food donations for the Neighborhood House Food Pantry. St. Andrew's is the chairing organization, providing leadership for publicity and events such as restaurant nights, concerts, and 5K runs, and donations from local businesses. http://nhpdx.org/SWHope/SWHope.html
- West Women & Children's Shelter– A ministry of the Salvation Army, the shelter also provides food, clothing, and services to survivors of domestic violence. St. Andrew's members help with food and holiday gifts for residents. https://westwomens.salvationarmy.org/
St. Andrew's team members are Steve Ihrig, Barb Leahey and Anne Dewey.