Care & Mission
How we connect with our community . . .
We are called and sent, as followers of Jesus Christ, to “look not to our own interests, but to the interests of others.” (Philippians 2:4). In short, we are a community of people who are called to exist for the sake of others.
We engage in our local community, and broader world, in countless ways.
- We seek to demonstrate Christ’s love in our neighborhoods, schools, workplaces, and in our families.
- Many of us serve in community organizations.
- We serve as volunteers in local ministries and service organizations.
- We vote.
- We serve on medical mission teams and international development organizations.
As a church family, we coordinate our efforts toward a variety of local, national, and international ministries. We combine our time, effort, talents, and money in efforts to bring hope and healing to our broken world. These efforts include:
- Many levels of support for Neighborhood House, FISH, and West Women’s Shelter.
- Spearheading the Southwest Hope Food Campaign.
- Cuba Mission Partnership.
- We offer our parking lot as a natural habitat restoration, and as a “Park and Ride.”
- We host Boy Scout Troop 150
- We host monthly dinners for Shepherd’s Door (transitional housing for women and children).
- Bay Area Rescue Mission Partnership.
- Please explore our “Service and Missions” page for full details about these, and many other, mission efforts.
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 3228 SW Sunset Blvd., Portland OR 97239, 503-246-4276